Advocates for Children is a well-respected and high quality program that operates in compliance with national and state Standards of Practice. Sustaining a high quality program requires a combination of public (federal, state, and county revenue) and private (foundations, fundraising events, United Ways/Funds) funding. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is responsible for approving an annual budget and for ensuring that the organization has the funds needed to fulfill its mission.
2013 expenses totaled more than $430,000 with 75% spent for direct services, 12% for fundraising, and 13% for administrative support. The organizations revenue for 2013 consisted of a diverse combination of public and private sector sources.
Public revenue sources include:
• VOCA (Victims of Crime Act) contracts with the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute
• Indiana Office of GAL/CASA, Division of the Indiana Supreme Court
• Bartholomew, Decatur and Jennings Circuit Courts
Private revenue sources include:
• United Way of Bartholomew County
• Decatur County United Fund
• Jennings County United Way
• The Heritage Fund
• National CASA Association Bridge Grant
• Nugent Foundation
• Custer Foundation
• Teegarden Foundation
• Special Events (Night of a Thousand Jacks, Spring Into Action Concert, Crooners for CASA, and Product Sales)
• Local Community, Corporate and Private Foundations
• Contributions from Individual Donors
The financial records of Advocates for Children, Inc. are available for review upon request. Please contact Therese Miller, Executive Director, for more information at email@example.com.